Palin said what?

Yes, I know it's a little late but I thought I would admit that I'm not shocked that Sarah Palin could not list any additional Supreme Court cases other than Roe v. Wade. When I first heard this I asked myself if I could list any, that is prior to law school, and yep, I could. I could list about six by name/issue. I thought that was pretty good considering a basic college background, however I thought it was somewhat disappointing for a politician. Would she have done better in listing Alaskan Supreme Court issues? I think not.

What I've since found interesting is the comments on the Volokh Conspiracy's Palin on the Supreme Court post. I recommend reading through some of them as they are entertaining and enlightening.

Above the Law also has an interesting comment thread regarding what specific number a VP candidate should be able to throw out in conversation.

As a side note, eventhough I'm not particularly fond of Palin I will say that the overt sexism surrounding her troubles me as a feminist. I found myself cringing at the "I'd bag her" commentary throughout these threads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.